Monday, March 18, 2019

Server legacy



It has been mentioned a few times to me about saving the server and the map, our choice to not do so is making a few people sad, I am sorry for this, we admin do not wish for the server to be taken over or used in any way, it would change, what made the server what it is today is the teamwork between Steve and admin and our wonderful moderator The_Dark_Lord, it would make me so very sad to see it taken and picked apart by someone and everything that we have worked hard to do destroyed, that would not be a legacy to Steve.  



Steve worked hard during the day then came home and worked hard and long hours on the server to keep it maintained and running how it should as well as always being there anytime he was free from work, he had to learn what was needed by trial and error, he got little thanks from anyone nor really needed it, he knew he was my clever bean and always will be, he was so smart, I will always admire how he did what he did for everyone.




Steve had a few servers over time, learning with each, the ones that I know are SONOS Raspberry PI, SONOS PI2, SONOS MT and the last server SONOS survival server, I have been on only these servers but each had Steves unique way about them, his love of the Free Pizza Server was always shown by his wanting free pizza in spawn for players, his obsession with the soft fluffy sheep and so forth, he was gruff, grumpy at times but always thought of the players that came onto his servers, he wanted them to be safe, have somewhere fun to meet their friends and to remember the server, which I hope you all do.  We the admin met him on the SONO raspberry PI server, he came to our aid when we were water griefed by some deviant Russian players, we had protection but they got around it, he kept coming back and checking up on us and in time we became friends, he often said his server was dead but I have always had faith that, that was not so, I have loved being a player and then admin on his servers and I will take the memories and cherish them, but more will cherish the memory of Steve who meant so much to so many people without even knowing it.